Monday, January 5, 2015

Design for your blog

I don't know about you but I enjoy reading a post more if it includes pictures or graphics.  I know one thing I struggled with when I first started blogging and still do is with the graphic design.  This probably should have come easy for me since I took a few design classes in college but taking the time and knowing what programs to use is the difficult part.

I always wonder what programs people use when I see their blog graphics.

I know most people use Photoshop as their go to.  Photoshop is great but it is also pricey and not something everyone is looking to invest in or like me purchased it for a PC and soon after switched to a Mac and it is not compatible. (I don't even wanna talk about it.) 
Anyway here are my top favorite graphic design programs to use when making graphics for my blog posts in no certain order, and the best part they are all FREE for the most part.

Pixlr: I think Pixlr is pretty similar to Photoshop only it's free. 

PicMonkey:  Easy to use and majority of it is free unless you want to upgrade for a low cost.
Canva:  Easy to use, lots of options and is mainly free but there is options to purchase additional options.

Powerpoint:  Easy to use and most people have powerpoint on their computers if they purchased it.

What are your go to programs for graphic design?
 photo sig-2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment