Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Real Talk


I don't know if it is apart of growing up, maybe it's my better understanding and closer relationship with God or heck it could be the anxiety meds but whatever it is something has changed in me.

The tragic event  in Boston for example, if it had been a few years ago an event like that would have shaken me to my core.  I would have lost my appetite for the week, cringed anytime I heard or saw news coverage or the event was brought up and forget sleeping.  I would have lived in fear. Fear would have control over my life.

 Fear of what exactly, the event itself, the thought it could happen to myself or someone I love dearly?  I'm really not sure what it was I was fearing but my anxiety would overcome me and I had no control over it. 

While I am in no way shape or form saying that these tragedies no longer effect me, I am saying I no longer let fear overcome me and control my life.  That is no way to live.  While I pray for everyone during this time, those affected in anyway I must keep in mind that I believe nothing is greater than my mighty God and when you only fear the good Lord above, the bad and the evil no longer can control your life and make you live in fear. 

1 comment:

  1. I used to be just like you. Granted, I still cry when something like this happens, I no longer let it consume my life/emotions.

    ReplyDelete