Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Haters gonna hate.

Last night was one of my favorite nights for television as it was the Victoria Secret Fashion Show.  
Every year I look forward to tuning in and feeling guilty for not having an ice cube for dinner, but I love every minute of it.  

I did notice there is quite of bit of hate out there towards these freak of nature starving girls.  I even heard talk of people protesting the fashion show.  Really? I mean if you can't see a Victoria Secret model without developing self hate issues then you were probably doomed regardless of whether the show aired or not.

Would I love to be my original birth weight again? sure.  Would I love to get paid millions to have my picture taken in super cute underwear. Sign me up! 

What people don't think about is all the hard work that goes into looking like that.  I mean the will power it takes to starve yourself into a size 4T, I know I don't have it.  I love Taco Bell.  Giving up solids weeks before the show and water the day of the show?  No way, I am a camel.

I'm just pissed that Beib's didn't sing my favorite Beib's songs for his performance and that I don't have the willpower to give up food.
 (I'm thinking next years Halloween costume...if I lose 100 lbs.)

I will do anything to look like a Victoria Secret Model, but I draw the line at working out and eating right.

-S


9 comments:

  1. Haha! You draw the line at eating right and working out?!? I just died. I am totally going to use that as my next excuse!

    XOXO, Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Love this. I draw the line there too, obviously!

    I do hate those girls and their perfect bodies! But like you said, they work hard for those! And I couldn't give up solid foods for 9 hours, much less 9 days!

    This was my first time watching, and I loved it! How cool were their 'costumes'??

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG all of the sass in this post totally made my day! Yeah, I feel like you could stick two of them together to get my size but for a lot of those women, that's just how they are built! My mama is like that (I am a little jealous I didn't get that gene) but people need to get over themselves!

    Don't forget, the giveaway going on at Cotton's Pickins ends at midnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I will enter ONLY if you promise I will win. jk :)

      Delete
  4. Hahaha oh my god I think I love you. I agree 100%. I posted about the show yesterday. Well, mainly what I ate during it. Captain Crunch, Chocolate bar, Peach rings, and a bag of Cheetos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Love this post! I love the show and watch it every year I don't quite understand the hate. Everyone should be a little more sympathetic, those girls have to be so hungry. I'm like you though: heck yes I'd love to be hot enough to be photographed in undies like those.

    Love your blog!

    Sarah J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Do you have a blog? I would love to check it out.

      Delete
  6. Sure do Ma'am, it made me ridiculously happy to be your 100th so you could get to triple digits! haha silly easily entertained me anyways I'm at:
    Blondebelleraisinhell.blogspot.com

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete