Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Say whaaat??

I'm linking up today  with Helene for Tell me about it Tuesday....

I'm no grammar Nazi, but sometimes I just come across things people post on Facebook and think "are you drunk?"  I honestly don't think some people read what they type before they post a status/comment. And if they do, I really wonder if they understood what they just said.  

I know I misspell things here and there and my punctuation isn't always so great, but I like to think people can read and understand what I am trying to say.

I know a common mistake is your and you're I can handle that, but when I read that your new baby slept "2 nights in a roll."  I become a little confused and well concerned.  Your baby did what?! Were you making rolls and your baby somehow ended up sleeping in one for two nights! is that even safe?

One I see often is people are always asking to "barrow" things.  I'm not sure what barrowing means, but I don't think I want you doing that to my stuff and if you have to ask through your status to "barrow" someone's car they probably shouldn't let you either.  It just can't end good.


You may think your spelling and grammar is just fine, but you could wrong.

 
Helene in Between

4 comments:

  1. I just laughed so hard at the first meme.... that is possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

    I would love for you to stop by sometime and say hi! leslyni.blogspot.com

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally had a post like this awhile back. i have had haters comment on my blog because i write the way i talk, like leaving the "g" off: leavin it off ... etc .... anyway, this is my personal pet peeve: i useD to, not use to, and supposeD to, not suppose to ... but who am i to judge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. I love your blog, its super cute :)
    You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete