Friday, November 9, 2012

I'm baaaccckkk....

No need to fret any longer, this girl is back from New Orleans!
(Our hotel the Crown Plaza)

Let's be honest here, New Orleans wasn't ever on my list of must go to places.  I always thought it would be dirty and scary.  I had been through once not long after Katrina and it was so depressing looking, but I also must take into account I had only been on the highway and a quick detour in front of the Superdome, not the prettiest view of the city.   I had no desire to return. 
Until my uncle asked my cousin and I if we would like to go when he would be going for business he thought we would enjoy it. Of course we said yes and I am so glad we did.  I LOVED IT!!  
(charbroiled oysters at the ACME Oyster House)

There is so much more than Bourbon St. no ever told me about, to be honest I could have done without Bourbon St.  I loved all the history and old buildings.  The French Market was my favorite, other than the food of course.  The food was amazing.  We tried the top suggested New Orleans restaurants.  I ate waayyy too many charbroiled oysters and had some wonderful shrimp etoufee! And I can't hate a place that you can get yo drank on anytime any day anywhere and it is socially acceptable.
(Streets get so dirty they have to wash them in the mornings that truck sprays soap and water everywhere)

We took a two hour tour all over New Orleans and shopped and shopped.  I always take an extra carry on bag in case I need extra room for things I buy or whatever.  I always check my big suitcase, I'm an over packer and there is no way I could fit it all in a carry on.  My uncle kept reminding me to make sure I didn't leave my taser in my purse or carry on.  Well all is going well in security until I can't find my bag, I then notice the security guy has my bag and is pulling me aside. CRAP! He puts it on the machine to scan it and I had forgotten I had bought some hot sauce and I guess the bottle was too large for a carry on so it set the machine off. Whew! I was worried I had forgotten to take the taser out.  I just told him to keep the hot sauce and I would be on my way.
(The Beauty we found on Bourbon Street)
 
Our flights went fine, on the way home a really tall athletic guy ended up sitting next to me turns out he was a basketball player and flying in because he was traded to a different team or something I don't know I don't really follow basketball, but he was so nice and so scared of flying.  Once I found out he was scared I told him I had a dream our plane crashed and he was in the dream.  I eventually told him I was kidding and he did laugh so he wasn't too freaked out.  He got my number since he doesn't know anyone  in the area.  What he doesn't know is I'm so boring I might as well not know anyone. 
(Some left over beads on the powerlines)

Although I never found Angelina and Brad's house that I know of, I had a great time on my trip and can't wait to go back!
                          
 -S

2 comments:

  1. Looks fun! I have been considering visiting for a while now, Maybe I should just go! =)


    Your newest follower,


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete