Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Southern State of Mind

I have been reading several posts about things in the South food, hair and just all things Southern.  I love all things of the South. 
I enjoyed reading all these posts, but one thing I always find to be interesting is what different people consider the South.  I know all people's views are different on this.  For one some people don't consider Texas and Oklahoma the South.  I do.  I have traveled all over and I don't see where the two states would fit in other than in the "South".  I actually at times find these two states more "southern" than some of the other states that are always considered the "south".
I found this on Pinterest and well ain't that the truth.  Southern: a state of mind. 
 southern southern southern

Anyway while I am at it I might as well share a few of my favorite Southern Sayin's:
Don’t pee down my back and tell me it’s raining!
Well butter my butt and call me a bicuit!
Actin' a little big for your britches.

If you love the South as well check out  A Blonde Ambition blog she is posting about Celebrating Southern.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I don't know much about the South (I'm a midwest girl myself) but from what I'm hearing from you and other bloggers, the South sounds kinda awesome. Fried chicken? Sweet tea? Front porches? I'm there.

    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. True story, someone told me that Virginia isn't southern because some people don't know what cheese grits are.I find that interesting since we were only the capital of the Confederacy & April is statewide Civil War History month......

    ReplyDelete