Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"When you say get a job, I hear 'I hate you'."

We are on a journey to get our shit together. What that statement actually means changes on a daily basis.  
  • Find S a job (All I hear is 'I hate you' - S)
  • GTFO of our family home (We are too old for this - S)
  • Get our beach bodies back  (without working out - S)
  • Stalk New Kids on the Block a few dozen more times
and the list goes on!

Our main focus for the day was getting in shape.  I've found that the most effective way to get S to step foot in a gym is by bribing her with food.  I'm used to torturing myself in the gym on a regular basis but S is new to this so I keep a close eye on her.  Left to figure out this thing we call a gym on her own, S would dart off to the tanning bed the second I turn my head.  I did look away for a few seconds today and when I looked back I found her straddling a bosu ball, cursing the day I was born.  At that point, it was time to help her off the ground and call it a day.  Maybe we'll try again tomorrow sans balls...

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment